Acting as construction managers, students will develop a bid (schedule and materials) for a small object (created by another team) and build it.
### Teacher Notes
to download the teacher notes for Construction Management.
* Students will experience and understand the various roles of a construction manager before, during, and after construction.
* Students will learn about the estimation and bid processes
* Students will analyze their construction for accuracy and compare estimate vs actual costs
* Learn about scope of work
* Learn about the importance of communication (drawings and Request for Information (RFI))
### NGSS Standards
* HS-ETS1-1 Analyze a major global challenge to specify qualitative and quantitative criteria and constraints for solutions that account for societal needs and wants.
### NGSS Disciplinary Core Ideas
* ETS.HS.1A.a Criteria and constraints also include satisfying any requirements set by society, such as taking issues of risk mitigation into account, and they should be quantified to the extent possible and stated in such a way that one can tell if a given design meets them.
* ETS.HS.1A.b Humanity faces major global challenges today, such as the need for supplies of clean water and food or for energy sources that minimize pollution, which can be addressed through engineering. These global challenges also may have manifestations in local communities.
### Expected Lesson Duration
[Lesson 1 - Introduction:](http://intro-to-engineering-design.lsupathways.org/4_unit_4/construction-management/1_lesson_1/) 30 - 60 minutes
[Lesson 2 - Projects:](http://intro-to-engineering-design.lsupathways.org/4_unit_4/construction-management/2_lesson_2/) 150 - 180 minutes
[Lesson 3 - Quiz:](http://intro-to-engineering-design.lsupathways.org/4_unit_4/construction-management/3_lesson_3/) 30 - 60 minutes